Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) is offering free online course on Dynamics and Control. This is an interactive course about the basic concepts of Systems, Control and their impact in all the human activities.
In this course the generic concepts of operators and relationships between variables are used but maths are avoided as much as possible. The course will start on March 6, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4 hours pw
Subject: Dynamics and Control
Institution: Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on March 6, 2018
The Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) is a public educational institution that offers modern, flexible degrees designed to meet the demands of society, as well as official postgraduate programmes that are subject to demanding educational quality control systems.
About This Course
This is an interactive course about the basic concepts of Systems, Control and their impact in all the human activities. First, the basic concepts of systems, dynamics, structure and control are introduced. Then, looking at many examples in Nature and human made devices, we will realize that the dynamic behavior of most systems can be modified by adding a control system. Later we will see how knowing how to evaluate the dynamic behavior of a system and measure its performance will provide the tools to design new controlled systems fulfilling some requirements.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Characterizing the dynamic behavior of systems and the possibility to change it by introducing control devices is the main aim of the course. You will:
- Learn to analyze the dynamic properties of a system and the options to change its behavior according to some requirements.
- Learn the basic concepts to undertake further studies in control engineering.
- See examples of its use in a variety of disciplines, from human and social sciences to any engineering field.
Full Professor, Systems Engineering and Control Dept., Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV)
In this course the generic concepts of operators and relationships between variables are used but maths are avoided as much as possible. A basic knowledge of physics will help but it is not mandatory.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)