The Babson College is offering a free online course on Entrepreneurial Leadership Toolbox. This course provides a toolbox of key concepts and practices to help you adopt an entrepreneurial mindset as you lead.
In this four week course, applicants will discover ways to generate positive results in your organization by adopting key leadership behaviors and an entrepreneurial mindset. This course is at your own pace.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: Babson College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: At your own pace
Babson College is the top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education. We believe that entrepreneurship is the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value, and Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where more than 3,000 students from over 70 countries work together with faculty and staff to address the problems of business and society.
About This Course
Entrepreneurial leaders succeed by taking an opportunity-minded approach to their interactions with colleagues. As the pace of change accelerates and requires leaders to do with less, the smart leaders have realized that results do not simply follow by telling others what to do. Instead, it takes an entrepreneurial leader who understands how to translate opportunity, lead from their strengths, and enroll others in the organization’s work.
Why Take This Course?
Leadership is a learned skill. The more you work on it, the bigger your repertoire of skills will be. In this course, you will come to understand that the best leaders are always learning! We’ll look at old heroic paradigms of leadership and consider why they may not fit today’s world. We’ll then look at what it takes to lead in a world where everything cannot be known, as well as the skills and behaviors you need to be able to move to an idea forward, get others to be part of the effort, and operate successfully.
- The ability to frame leadership duties with an entrepreneurial perspective
- Behaviors to enact an entrepreneurial leadership mindset
- Key ways to motivate, mobilize, and enlist others as a creator of positive results
Dr. Nan Langowitz is Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship at Babson College and Chair of the Management Division.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)