The Coventry University is offering free online course on Healthcare Research: For Healthcare Professionals. This course is designed for healthcare workers working at all levels and across all disciplines.
In this two week course, applicants will discover how to conduct and evaluate healthcare research, and use your findings to inform best practice and guidelines. This course will start on January 22, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Healthcare Research: For Healthcare Professionals
Institution: Coventry University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 22, 2018
Coventry secured a gold rating in the UK government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is the country’s top modern university in the Guardian University Guide 2018.
About This Course
Research is a vital part of healthcare. It underpins best practice, provides evidence for national and international guidelines, and ultimately improves outcomes for patients. This online course provides an introduction to healthcare research.
Why Take This Course?
You will explore how new research pushes forward practice, considering some of the underlying assumptions that inform how research is constructed. You will look at different design approaches and methodologies used in healthcare research projects, evaluating what makes healthcare research good and helpful, and how it can be usefully applied to practice.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explore the link between research and best practice in healthcare
- Investigate how practice can be enhanced by developing new research.
- Identify how underlying assumptions and philosophies inform the way we do research.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of ethical research.
- Prepare more detailed work on specific research approaches.
- Investigate how to answer your clinical or research questions.
This course is designed for healthcare workers working at all levels and across all disciplines. It will give you the opportunity to develop or advance your skills in healthcare research, and get a taste of what studying an online MSc in Nursing would be like.
Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing at Coventry University, leading the MSc Nursing Online Research Methods Module, and on-campus Research Methods, and Children and Young People’s MH modules.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).