The Open University is offering a free online course on Digital Economy: Success through Market Segmentation. This course is intended for learners wanting to know about how the digital era is affecting market segmentation strategies of organizations, their customers and stakeholders. You
Applicants will explore how and why market segmentation can be used to improve business performance. The course will start on
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Digital Economy
Institution: Open University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. Since it began in 1969, the OU has taught more than 1.8 million students and has almost 220,000 current students, including more than 15,000 overseas.
About This Course
Marketing is all about putting the customer at the center of the business. But what exactly does that mean for today’s organizations, and what challenges do marketers face in satisfying ever more demanding customers in the age of digital disruption?
In this free online course, you look at the challenges marketers are facing today and how they can gain a competitive advantage by using the vast amount of customer data available to segment, target and personalize products for their customers.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify and understand the impact of the digital economy on why and how market segmentation is used by organizations
- Summarise and link segmentation strategy to an organisation’s overall strategic direction, recognising the impact of the digital economy
- Produce and use market segmentation to improve your organisation’s performance in the digital world
- Demonstrate sensitivity to ethical issues arising from market segmentation in the digital economy
This course is intended for learners wanting to know about how the digital era is affecting market segmentation strategies of organisations, their customers and stakeholders. You do not require any previous knowledge or experience of marketing to study this course but you could benefit from having some knowledge of business in general.
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).