Microsoft is offering a free online course on IT Support: Communication. This course provides insights into the communication skills and acumen needed to be a successful support agent.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in IT Support, this course examines how to improve your basic customer communication skills.
User Review( votes)
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IT Support.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: At your own pace
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence.
About This Course
This course provides insights into the communication skills and acumen needed to be a successful support agent. Effective communication, both with the customer and with internal resources at your company, is critical to the success of anybody considering a role in IT Support.
Why Take This Course?
The course begins with a review of effective communication strategies that will help you develop a rapport with your customer. You then examine ways to connect with your customer through phone, email, chat, and social media, including a demonstration of empathy and communicating at the customer’s level of expertise.
- Enter effective communication strategies
- Develop rapport with your customers
- Interpret and paraphrase the customer’s message
- Demonstrate empathy towards your customer
- Review chat etiquette best practices
- Communicate at the customer’s level of expertise
- Differentiate between implicit vs. explicit customer messages
- Understand how to answer effectively through phone, email, chat, and social media
- Satisfy a challenging customer and defuse the customer’s anger
Lawrence Associates LLC
Senior Content Development Manager
Business & Financial Consultant / IT Course Development & Delivery
Lawrence Associates LLC
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicants sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)