Purdue University is offering free online course on Persuasive Communication. This course is aimed at working professionals who are interested in communication processes underlying the management and development of persuasive messages to stakeholders of their organizations.
The overall objective of this course is to understand what makes message persuasive and learn how to develop more persuasive messaging for PR, marketing and advertising. The course will start on .
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Institution: Purdue University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
About This Course
What makes one message more convincing than another? In a noisy world, knowing the answer to this question is crucial. In this course you will discover the processes strategic communication professionals in fields such as public relations, marketing and advertising use to develop persuasive communication. More importantly you will learn strategies for evaluating your own organization’s efforts at developing more persuasive messaging strategies.
- What is strategic communication
- What are “persuasive campaigns” and “persuasive messages.”
- Tailoring messages to specific audiences
- Message factors that impact message persuasiveness
- How media choice impacts persuasiveness
- Assessing and evaluating message effectiveness.
It is expected that learners in this course be working professionals who are interested in communication processes underlying the management and development of persuasive messages to stakeholders of their organizations.
Bart Collins is a faculty member in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. He studies persuasion, and directs the School’s Online MS program in Strategic Communication.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).