The Fulbright Center, sponsored by Radboud University is delighted to offer Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships to American students for study and research purposes at graduate level.
The Fulbright Center’s mission is to promote mutual understanding between Dutch and American citizens by providing financial assistance for study, research and teaching.
Radboud University Nijmegen is a student-oriented research university, situated in the oldest city of the Netherlands. Established in 1923, it is now one of the country’s leading academic communities. Radboud encourages a personal style of teaching, which offers plenty of opportunity to work closely with leading researchers and excellent teachers in small, interactive and often interdisciplinary seminars.
- Applications Deadline: October 9, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Bachelors, Master and Doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is available for all English-taught Master’s and Research Master’s programmes at Radboud University, with the exception of Erasmus Mundus Master’s programmes and joint of double degree Master’s programmes.
- Scholarship Award: Grant amounts for one-year courses:
The grant will be paid in 11 monthly instalments of € 1,250. International travel will be reimbursed to a maximum of € 900. The residence permit will be arranged and paid for by Radboud University (approximately € 192). Tuition fees are not waived and differ per programme.
Grant amounts for two-year courses:
The grant for the first year of study will be paid in 12 monthly instalments of € 1,250. International travel will be reimbursed to a maximum of € 900. The cost of the residence permit (approximately € 192) will also be covered. Tuition fees are not waived and differ per programme.
- The grant for a two year Master’s will be available for both years of study, on the condition that sufficient progress is made and sufficient results have been achieved in the first year. If awarded for the second year, the second grant period will not exceed 11 monthly instalments of € 1,250.
- Nationality: Available to American students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship available to American students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
English Language Requirements: Foreign Language Proficiency: Not Required
Additional Information: Dutch language proficiency is not required, but is useful at the time of arrival. Some study of Dutch prior to arrival is encouraged in order to promote deeper engagement with the host community. Participation in a Dutch language course prior to the start of the Master’s course is advised (like on offer by Radboud in’to Languages). The university lectures are in English.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to have applied separately to Radboud University by January 1st 2019 for admission to the Master’s programme of their choice via the online application procedure, independent of their Fulbright application.