U.S. Embassy in Jamaica is inviting applications for Fulbright Scholarship Program (LASPAU). These scholarships are available to lecturers at tertiary level institutions in Jamaica.
The aim of the Fulbright Scholarship Program (LASPAU) is to encourage academically able lecturers at tertiary level institutions of Jamaica.
Fulbright scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
Course Level: The scholarships are available to lecturers at tertiary level institutions in Jamaica.
Study Subject: The scholarship will cover a wide range of fields of study are included, with the exception of law, medicine, nursing and dentistry.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will cover following:
- J1 Exchange visa
- Airline travel to and from the United States of America
- Tuition assistance in the form of a scholarship or assistantship is provided by the host university*
- A monthly stipend
- A monthly book allowance
- Health insurance (basic coverage)
Number of Scholarships: Not Known.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- First-class honours or upper-second class honours Bachelor’s degree
- Must be a Jamaican citizen currently residing in Jamaica
- Must have a commitment to tertiary level lecturing
- Must be supported by nomination for the program by the applicant’s tertiary institution
- Recipients should plan to return to Jamaica on completion of their studies in the U.S.A. and contribute to the institutional strengthening and knowledge base of local tertiary institutions.
Nationality: Jamaican citizen can apply for the scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English language Requirements: students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
- Supporting documents should be uploaded electronically straight to the online application. These documents include CV, Statement of Purpose, Transcripts, Passport Identification Page, two letters of Recommendation and the Nominating Institution Verification form.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 19, 2017.