Applications are invited for Centre for Appearance Research PhD Studentships starting on Monday 1 October 2018 at UWE Bristol in the UK. Two fully funded full-time PhD opportunities are available to Home/EU and Overseas students.
Bristol is one of the most popular and successful universities in the UK and was ranked within the top 40 universities in the world in the QS World University rankings 2015.
The mission of the university is to pursue and share knowledge and understanding both for their own sake and to help individuals and society fulfill their potential.
If English is not applicant’s first language, they will be required to meet the UK Border Agency and Universities minimum English Language requirements such as the International English Language Test (IELTS) overall score of 6.5 with 5.5 in each component.
- Applications Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The studentships will start on Monday 1 October 2018 and will consist of an annual tax-free stipend of £14,777, subject to satisfactory progress, for three years. In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for the length of the funding period. The studentships will only fully fund applicants who are eligible for Home/EU fees. Applicants who are normally required to cover overseas fees will have to cover the difference between the Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates.
- Nationality: Available to Home/EU and Overseas students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: This studentship is available to Home/EU and Overseas students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria: The studentships are a three-year full-time commitment. These projects are ideal for a self-motivated and enthusiastic student with a good honours degree (2:1 or equivalent) in Psychology, and evidence of further study at Masters Level (e.g. MSc Health Psychology) or equivalent relevant experience. Knowledge and experience of the psychology of appearance and body image and qualitative and quantitative research methods will be highly desirable.
- English Language Requirements: A recognised English language qualification is required.
How to Apply: Download and complete the Graduate School studentship application form and send it directly to the UWE Bristol Graduate School. Please ensure you include the title of the research project you propose to undertake, and explain why you are interested in undertaking this PhD project and what relevant knowledge, experience and qualifications you would bring to the research. Please see the Graduate School studentship application guidance notes for further information about how to complete the application form.