The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is calling applications for fully-funded competitive fellowships to outstanding candidates for the 2018/2019 academic year. The fellowships cover tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, and a mobility allowance.
The master of Multidisciplinary Research in Experimental Sciences is designed to provide outstanding students with the skills and abilities needed to thrive in an increasingly multidisciplinary contemporary research environment.
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is a scientific initiative of seven of Catalonia’s research centres of excellence whose objective is to increase their levels of collaboration in order to build together a joint scientific project. Its strength is based on the research capacities of the seven centres and its potential to promote multidisciplinary, cutting-edge projects.
- Application Deadline: March 5, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to learn Master of Multidisciplinary Research in Experimental Sciences.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to pursue Master of Multidisciplinary Research in Experimental Sciences, A pioneering program focused on hands-on research at scientific centres of excellence in Barcelona.
- Scholarship Award: The master’s program offers 15 fully-funded competitive fellowships to outstanding candidates. The fellowships cover tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, and a mobility allowance.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 15 fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The program is aimed at candidates who intend to pursue a research career in biomedical science, chemistry, physics, or nanotechnology, with the specific focus of preparing students to undertake a PhD in one of these disciplines.
The program is open to candidates who hold a degree in health sciences, engineering, computer sciences or degrees in basic scientific disciplines (chemistry, physics, biology, or mathematics).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Mandatory documents
- Official undergraduate degree/diploma in a relevant field.
- Academic transcript of the accredited official training with the average grade at the University of Origin.
- CV in English.
- A letter of motivation in English, stating the candidate’s interest in following the master’s programme (400 to 600 words).
- Two (professional or academic) letter of recommendation signed by someone who really knows the candidate and can assess them.
- The applicant must upload the form with a brief statement of research interests, the calculated GPA equivalent, and the indication of the first 3 choices, in order of preference, from the list of major research projects offered by the master.
- Photocopy of Identity Card or Passport.
- Video presentation (3 min maximum) explaining motivation, interest, and experience. Videos must be sent by e-mail to admissions.master-at-upf.edu (Subject: MRES video- Candidate’s name)
- English certificate(B2 or equivalent)