The Bournemouth University is offering fully funded PhD Studentship – Exploring UNICEF UK Baby Friendly implementation in a maternity unit. The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students.
This is an exciting opportunity that will enable an aspiring midwife to combine clinical practice with a research role, working across the University and DCH.
The vision of the university is to create the most stimulating, challenging and rewarding university experience in a world-class learning community by sharing our unique fusion of excellent education, research and professional practice and inspiring our students, graduates and staff to enrich the world.
- Applications Deadline: July 1, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Project title: Exploring the barriers, challenges and opportunities affecting the successful implementation of the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative standards into a maternity organization.
- Scholarship Award: This is a fully-funded PhD studentship which includes a stipend of £14,777 each year to support your living costs.
- Nationality: The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students. Candidates for a PhD Studentship should demonstrate outstanding qualities and be motivated to complete a PhD in 4 years and must demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic potential as measured by either a 1st class honours degree or a Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)
- An IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) for candidates for whom English is not their first language In addition to satisfying minimum entry criteria, BU will look closely at the qualities, skills and background of each candidate and what they can bring to their chosen research project in order to ensure successful completion. Applicants will be asked to submit an online application form and a proposal (c. 1500 words) outlining their understanding of the project for which they are applying, the approach they would envisage taking and what qualities they will bring to the research community.
- Current BU Doctoral students are not eligible to apply for a Studentship
- Current MRes/MPhil students can apply, subject to satisfactory completion of their Research Degree prior to being able to take up the award
- PhD Studentships cannot be used to support BU staff to complete doctoral programmes
Applicant must be a midwife registered with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council.
English Language Requirements: An IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 5.5 in each component) is essential for candidates for whom English is not their first language.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.