The City University of London is offering up to 50 Global Leaders Scholarships to international and EU students who are starting an undergraduate course at the university in September 2018.
The City, University of London Scholarship Programme aims to provide financial support to undergraduates coming from the lowest household income groups.
City University London is a leading global University committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London. A university is proud of the quality of their education, research, and enterprise and is ranked within the top 2% of universities in the world.
Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: The Scholarships are available to undergraduate students assessed as ‘EU’ or ‘International’ by City, University of London.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship is worth £1,000 and there will be a minimum of 50 scholarships available in 2018. The scholarship is payable in year one of the course and cash payments will be made in February 2019.
- Number of Scholarships: 50 scholarships are available.
- Nationality: EU or international students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to EU or international students.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for a Global Leaders Scholarship, you must:
- Be an EU or international student with your home country’s equivalent to A-levels (for example French Baccalaureate, Italian Maturita or US High School Diploma)
- International students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme
- Be applying for your first year of undergraduate study in 2017/18
- Achieve the grades set out in the terms of your offer from City
Please note: This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School. These students from Cass are encouraged to apply via the Scholarship pages for the Cass Business School International Scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognized equivalent.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants will be contacted directly with an invitation to register for the scholarship. If you believe you should have received an email or have deleted or lost your email invitation, please contact ugscholarships-at-city.ac.uk.
To be considered for the scholarship for 2018 entry, you must register by no later than 30th September 2018. As part of the application, you must provide a short personal statement of no more than 200 words that describes how an education at City, University of London will help you to develop into a global leader of the future. Applications will be assessed by members of the University Admissions Office on the basis of academic merit and the quality of applicants’ personal statements. Shortlisted applicants may be required to provide further information.
You will be sent an email in January 2019 confirming your award and asking for your bank account details. You must confirm your bank account details to City by 31st January 2019 to enable your payment to be processed in February.