Don‡t miss the opportunity to apply for highly prestigious Government postgraduate placements in Ireland for Masters and PhD Degree courses.
The purpose of The grant is to provide a maximum of €18,500 per annum in any approved year, including the living stipend.
A valuable offer to get an education with some financial support in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
The aim of the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship is to support suitably qualified research master‡s and doctoral candidates pursuing or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
The mission of the Council is to enable and sustain a vibrant and creative research community in Ireland. The Council is an agency of the Department of Education and Skills and operates under the aegis of the Higher Education Authority. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders.
Application Deadline: Please submit your application before 20 October 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to research master‡s and doctoral (either traditional or structured) in any discipline at an eligible HEI within Ireland.
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: International Students can apply for these endowments.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in any discipline, based in an Irish HEI.
- Entrance Requirements: All potential applicants should carefully ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply to the program by studying the eligibility flowchart on page 4 and the important application advice section below
- Canvassing on behalf of applicants occurs.
- How to Apply: All interested candidates need to take admission in a PhD degree program at the university. Once you have been enrolled at the university, you can apply for the award. The mode of applying is online.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the supporting documents such as a copy of passport, research proposal
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The funding program will cover all the following study expenses:
- A stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum