Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), based in l’Aquila, Italy, offers PhD Scholarships in Italy. Scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science.
Gran Sasso Science Institute is an international school for advanced studies located in L’Aquila, Italy.
- Application Deadline: June 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for PhD degree programme at Gran Sasso Science Institute.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowships are awarded for 4 years and their yearly amount is € 16.159,91 gross. All PhD students have free accommodation at the GSSI facilities and use of the canteen. All applicants admitted to the GSSI PhD courses will benefit of the GSSI fellowships, benefits and facilities, as detailed in the call for applications.
- Number of Scholarships: 34 PhD positions for the academic year 2018/19.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: All applicants admitted to the GSSI PhD courses will benefit of the GSSI fellowships, benefits and facilities, as detailed in the call for applications.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: In order to fill out the application form, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- A copy of the University degree certificate
- An academic transcript (list of the courses attended at the University with grades)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of a valid Identity Document (ID) signed and dated
Depending on the chosen PhD, you may be required to upload additional documents (es. motivational letter).
Each file uploaded (pdf or jpg format) should not exceed 3Mb.