The Griffith University is offering Griffith Sports Excellence Scholarships to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program. The scholarship is available to both commencing and continuing students (continuing is defined as students currently enrolled at Griffith University).
The Griffith University aims to enable gifted sportsmen and sportswomen, who have the potential to succeed at university, to gain a higher education qualification without compromising their sporting opportunities.
Since Griffith University started teaching over 40 years ago; it has been deeply connected to the Asian region, socially conscious and environmentally aware, an integral part of the community and heavily industry focused. They also become a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 2% of universities worldwide.
Griffith teaching and research span six campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines, while our network of more than 200,000 graduates extends around the world.
- Application Deadline: November 25, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Sports.
- Scholarship Award: Griffith Sports Excellence Full Scholarship valued at a maximum of $28,000.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for Australian citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Australian citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for selection for a Sports Excellence Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or hold a Humanitarian Visa; and
- Be eligible for admission as an undergraduate/postgraduate domestic student in one of Griffith University’s degrees;
- Be currently enrolled as a Griffith University domestic student; and
- Have demonstrated high achievement in their chosen sport and be currently competing at national or international level.
How to Apply: You need to complete just one application, even when you’d like to be considered for multiple scholarships. That means you need to create just one account, which you’ll also use to track and update your application. Here’s how to do that:
Future Students: Please create a new account, using your personal email address and a password you’ll remember. There’s no need to create a new account when you receive your Griffith offer (and s-number) – we know you’re a new student using your personal email address. Handy hint: Don’t use your school email, as you may lose access to it halfway through the scholarship application process.
Creating an account secures your application details and allows you to save your application and come back to it later.
Once you have submitted an application, you can go back and:
- Add referees
- Add a student number (Griffith ID)
- Update OP/ATAR/IB results
- Add a QTAC or UAC number
- Upload supporting documents
- Change mobile phone details
- If you wish to make any changes to the remainder of your application after you’ve submitted it, you will need to withdraw your application and reapply.
- Once you withdraw your application you will lose all the information and will need to re-enter each section again. If you use the same email login as your previous application, your referee reports will carry forward to the new application.
- We’ll only consider your most recent application, even if you use a different email address for each one. Prior scholarship applications using other email addresses will be disregarded.