The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg offers a funding for international students. The scholarship supports outstanding students of the 3rd semester at the Martin-Luther-Universidad Halle-Wittenberg. Established in 2013 by the polymer-focused Collaborative Research Center SFB/Transregio 102, the Halle Young Polymer Scientists is an international graduate award in one of the centres of polymer research in Germany. We want to support highly motivated students with excellent results during their forthcoming studies.
A new study shows that, in addition to the diversity of tree species, the variety of animal and fungus species also has a decisive influence on the performance of forests. Forest performance comprises many facets besides timber production, such as carbon storage and climate regulation. The study is based on ten years of research in species-rich subtropical forests. A team of researchers led by the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) and the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg has published the results in the new issue of “Nature Communications”. They illustrate that biodiversity must be viewed as a whole in order to maintain the performance of forests.
User Review( votes)
- Application deadline: 28 November 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue the master’s program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in all disciplines of academic study.
- Award: The Halle Young Polymer Scientists Scholarship covers a personal stipend of 150 € per month. Third-semester students will obtain a 12 months stipend.
- Nationality: award is available for international students.
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: award is available for international students.
- Entrance Requirements: The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Halle Young Polymer Scientists Scholarships:
- Each applicant must be currently registered in the international masters’ course polymer materials science at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
- All applicants must have successfully passed the second semester.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: The mode of apply for the opportunity is online.