The Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Arts. This fellowship is available for international students.
The postdoctoral fellowship in the arts aims to develop new forms of cooperation and dialogue between art and scholarship.
The Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies is an independent institute of the University of Helsinki. The purpose of the Collegium is to engage in high-quality research in the human and social sciences (including law, behavioural sciences and theology), to promote interaction between different academic fields and to further international research cooperation.
- Applications Deadline: September 13, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to study Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Arts. Representatives of all artistic fields may apply for the position
- Scholarship Award: The salary will be based on level 5 of the job recruitment scheme for teaching and research staff in the salary system of Finnish universities. In addition, the appointees will receive a salary component based on personal work performance.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The position of the postdoctoral researcher in the arts is located at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies and primarily aimed at a Doctor of Arts. However, persons engaged in artistic work who have completed a doctoral degree in a different academic field are also considered suitable applicants. The requirements for the position include a doctoral degree as well as experience of artistic work and artistic research. Applicants for the position must demonstrate the capability for high-quality artistic work and the ability to conduct artistic research at an internationally significant level. They should also specify why they want to work in a scientific community. Applicants with connections to a Finnish university in the field of the arts or to a department or discipline at the University of Helsinki should mention this in their application.
Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree by the end of the application period. If this is not the case, the application will not be taken into consideration. In addition to holding a doctoral degree, applicants are expected to have artistic achievements.
English Language Requirements: The working language of the Collegium is English.
How to Apply: Applications written in English must be submitted, together with the required enclosures, electronically through a link available on the website.
Application documents: The application consists of an online application form containing only the following documents, as no other documents (e.g., letters of recommendation, statements on doctoral dissertations, publishing contracts) will be taken into consideration in the evaluation process:
- Diploma (PhD Certificate, the doctoral degree in a different academic field)
- Curriculum vitae (1-2 pages)
- Portfolio (a maximum of 5 pages)
- Research proposal (a maximum of 12,000 characters)
The documents are to be written in English according to the guidelines provided below. Enclosures to the application will not be returned.