Applicants are invited to apply for the Hungarian government award to undertake Master of Science degree courses (MSc) at one of the participating universities. The sponsorship will cover application and tuition fees throughout the study period, basic books and notes, dormitory accommodation and subsistence costs.
The objective of the FAO is to lead international efforts to defeat hunger, contributing to an expanding world economy by promoting sustainable rural development with an emphasis on the poorest farmers, promoting food production and self-reliance, and raising nutrition levels.
Wonderful offer for students.
User Review( votes)
All of the costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007. Scholarship students are entitled to the same health care coverage offered to Hungarian students during the course of the program. The scholarship covers student costs only, family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing Master of Science degree courses (MSc) at any of the participating universities (Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Sciences and Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences).
- Study Subject: The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
- Animal Husbandry Engineering (University of Debrecen)
- Agricultural Water Management Engineering (Szent István University).
- Environmental Engineering (Szent István University)
- Award: The sponsorship will cover:
- Application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- Dormitory accommodation;
- Subsistence costs;
- Health insurance.
- Number of Awards: Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
- Nationality: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- The award can be taken in Hungary
- Eligible Countries: Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the opportunity Programme: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of the certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the local police authority.