Applications are invited for Hungarian Government Scholarship to undertake Master of Science degree courses (MSc) at one of the participating universities. The sponsorship will cover application and tuition fees throughout the study period, basic books and notes,dormitory accommodation and subsistence costs.
The objective of the FAO is to lead international efforts to defeat hunger, contributing to an expanding world economy by promoting sustainable rural development with emphasis on the poorest farmers, promoting food production and self-reliance, and raising nutrition levels.
User Review( votes)
All of the costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007. Scholarship students are entitled to the same health care coverage offered to Hungarian students during the course of the program. The scholarship covers student costs only, family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
- Application deadline: February 28, 2018
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing Master of Science degree courses (MSc) at any of the participating universities (Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Sciences and Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences).
- Study Subject: The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
1. Animal Husbandry Engineering (University of Debrecen)
2. Agricultural Water Management Engineering (Szent István University).
3. Environmental Engineering (Szent István University)
- Award: The sponsorship will cover:
- Application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- Dormitory accommodation;
- Subsistence costs;
- Health insurance.
- Number of Awards: Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
- Nationality: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- The award can be taken in Hungary
- Eligible Countries: Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the opportunity Programme:Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Introduction: The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2018.Student selection will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the 2 applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETED dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
Paper copies of dossiers received by post or courier or any other way, will not be taken into consideration.
As the Number of Awards is limited, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their applications as soon as possible. 3
Applicants who were not selected in previous years may re-apply to the 2018-2019 Programme. These applicants will have to submit the complete dossier once again by E-MAIL ONLY.
Please note that the duration of the program cannot be extended or postponed.
A Scholarship Study Contract will be signed between the selected student and the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary (MoAH), which is the donor of the program, at the time of first semester registration.
Applicants wishing to explore external funding opportunities to cover the travel costs may do so at their own initiative. However, in view of the length of the process, applicants wishing to apply for 2018 opportunities are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their application while they endeavour to identify funds or pending confirmation that such funds will be granted.
All queries concerning the programme or the application process should be E-MAILED to FAO at REU-Scholarship-at-fao.org.