Brazilian NMO, the Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES), partnered with IIASA is offering fellowships to study Doctoral and postdoctoral programme. Fellowships are available to Brazilian students.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we face in the twenty-first century.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Applications Deadline: October 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to study Doctoral and postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the areas of science and technology, agriculture, environment, natural sciences, and energy analysis and systems resources.
- Scholarship Award: In each case, CAPES will provide a monthly stipend and contribute costs for travel, health insurance, and settling in.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available to Brazilian students.
- Number of Scholarships: Doctoral fellowships will enable up to three Brazilian PhD students to work at IIASA for 3-12 months, and postdoctoral fellowships will enable up to four Brazilian researchers to work at IIASA for up to 24 months.
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available to Brazilian students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The program is the result of cooperation between CAPES and IIASA and aims to select Brazilian or foreign researchers who hold a permanent visa in Brazil, who have obtained a doctorate for less than 8 years, to carry out a research internship under the the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA). The IIASA is an international institute involved in scientific research on issues of global importance, such as areas of science and technology, agriculture, environment, natural and energy analysis and systems resources, not being restricted to these, with headquarters in the city of Laxenburg, Austria.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: IIASA application procedure
- Candidates are asked to complete an online Application Form.
- Candidates are required to submit a research proposal, which will form the basis for a co-designed research agenda that couples their own interests with the IIASA research agenda. In order to find the program suitable for your research please view our research page. Once you have formulated a proposal we encourage you to contact the relevant program representatives. This is vital, not only to discuss research ideas and ascertain their relevance to IIASA but also to ensure more realistic research plans and expectations on the part of both IIASA and the applicant.