The Advanced Robotics Research Line at IIT, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, is inviting applications to appoint 2 outstanding interns with a strong ambition to pursue a research career.
IIT aims to promote excellence in basic and applied research and to promote the development of the national economy.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
- Applications Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in SoMa EU Project – System analysis and optimization.
- Scholarship Award: The selected candidates will join an interdisciplinary team and have the opportunity to pursue research within the SoMa (Soft-bodied intelligence for Manipulation) European project in partnership with a consortium encompassing seven leading universities, research institutes and companies in Europe (http://soma-project.eu/). The SoMa project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation under Grant Agreement n. 645599.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
IIT is looking for a 2 highly motivated candidates with a Msc. in Engineering.
- The successful applicants are expected to have background in robotics and haptics;
- Background on smart sensors, actuators and mechatronic is desirable;
- Experience programming.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply (deadline is 15/06/2018), please send electronically a detailed CV outlining experience and qualifications, a statement about the research area of interest as well as the names of at least two referees to Domenico Prattichizzo (Domenico.prattichizzo-at-iit.it), quoting “Fellow junior SoMa (G.A. 645599) CB 75437” or “Fellow junior SoMa (G.A. 645599) CB 75430” in the subject of the e-mail. Only complete applications will be evaluated.