The Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH) is offering up to 8 PhD scholarships to study under one of three research projects. These scholarships are available for domestic and international to study under one of three research projects.
The Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH) seeks to promote high-level research in traditional humanities disciplines such as history, philosophy, and literature, while also engaging with more recent developments in the humanities and other fields, including cultural studies, communication, politics and international studies, and science communication.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. They strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study one of three research projects: Project 1: Justice, Recognition, and Power in World Politics, Project 2: Science and Secularization or Project 3: Literary and Book History after Colonialism.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will offer a stipend of $26,288 (2016 rate) and a top up of $7,500 per annum for a total of three years (equivalent to the Australian Postgraduate Award), with the possibility of a 6-month extension. International students will receive a tuition fee waiver.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible, students must:
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Have an academic qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree with Honours Class I.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
Nationality: Australian and international students can apply for these Ph.D. scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an academic qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree with Honours Class I.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: International applicants must meet the University of Queensland’s English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements.
How to Apply: Applicants must fill in the online application form. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- A cover letter that proposes an original research project that fits within the larger parameters of one of the three projects described;
- A curriculum vitae detailing education, professional experience, research experience, publications, and relevant competencies;
- Evidence of citizenship status;
- The name and contact details of three referees.
- Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview.
Application Deadline: The closing date for application is 18 July 2016.