The International Community Achievement Award focuses on providing International undergraduate students at University of British Columbia in 2018.
Awards of $5,000 each are available to continuing international undergraduate students, who have demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas: community service, international engagement, intercultural understanding, promotion of diversity, intellectual pursuits, and artistic or athletic endeavours.
UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $21 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Up to $5,000 in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Number of Scholarships: Number not given.
- Nationality: International and Canadian Students can apply for these scholarships
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International and Canadian Students can apply for these scholarships
- Entrance Requirements: The applicant must be:
- A continuing international undergraduate student paying international undergraduate tuition fees,
- Registered at the UBC Vancouver campus for the 2017 Winter session, and
- Who is registered at the UBC Vancouver Campus for the 2018 Winter session?
- Studying on a Canadian study permit and be paying international undergraduate tuition and fees.
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
How to Apply:
- The applicant is required to complete Part 1, and to give Parts 2 and 3 to two referees to complete. At least one referee must be a UBC faculty or staff member, and the second referee may be an on- or off-campus employer or supervisor with whom you volunteer.
- The referees must be able to comment on one of your extracurricular/volunteer activities.
- All parties should email their completed form to [email protected], with the subject header: 2018 ICAA, student’s Surname, First Name, and whether it’s the Student Section or Reference l or ll.
- The deadline is September 30, 2018.