The University of East Anglia is pleased to offer International Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships for 2018 entry. Scholarships are awarded in amounts of 25% or 50% of your tuition fees and are deducted on a yearly basis from your tuition fees.
International Excellence Scholarships are designed to reward academically outstanding applicants who have been offered a place to study with UEA.
The University of East Anglia (UEA) has once again been rated as one of the best universities for student experience in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2015. An internationally renowned university based in a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students
All applicants to the University of East Anglia must be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of English language before they can be admitted onto any course or programme.
- Application Deadline: June 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships may be offered by us in respect of credit-bearing undergraduate taught programmes awarded by us. Applicants for the Norwich Medical School are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Scholarship Award: The scheme consists of 50 prizes:
- Vice Chancellor’s Prizes – awards of 50% of the tuition fee for each year of study that you are a registered student on the original course you applied for.
- International UG Prizes – awards of 25% of the tuition fee for each year of study that you are a registered student on the original course you applied for. If your scholarship includes a year abroad or a year in an industry where you may pay reduced tuition fees for that year, your scholarship award will be lowered to be proportional to those lower tuition fees for that year. Scholarship holders remain liable for paying any remaining tuition fees to UEA.
- The award shall be made as a tuition fee scholarship by means of a fee discount. No cheque or payment shall be made directly to the student. The length of the award is specified in your scholarship notification email.
- If we are of the reasonable view that you do not meet our Eligibility Criteria and you wish to appeal we will ask you to provide us with such proof as we deem necessary to make this assessment. You must supply us with the requested evidence as soon as reasonably possible.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: The scheme consists of 50 prizes.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: UK/EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: When you apply for the scholarship you need to be in possession of a conditional or unconditional offer for the first year of an undergraduate degree course starting at UEA in September 2018. Your offer should state that you are an international fee-paying student.
To be classified as an international fee-paying student you typically need to be a non-EU resident. Our fees and funding page has more details of who will pay international tuition fees, and therefore be eligible to apply for these scholarships. If you are still in doubt then email our Planning Office who can advise you further.
You need to be independently funding your studies, which mean that you can’t apply if an organization is sponsoring your study and paying your tuition fees for you. However, if you are getting a government loan you can still apply for the scholarships.
Please note that offer holders for courses in Norwich Medical School, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
You are eligible for an Undergraduate International Scholarship under these Terms if you meet all these criteria:
- You are an overseas fee-paying student. If the fee status changes during your course from Overseas to Home/EU Fees the scholarship shall be discontinued. Other scholarships are available for UK and EU citizens, details can be found at https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/scholarships/scholarships-for-2017-entry
- Scholarship applicants must hold either a conditional or unconditional offer for year 1 of study on an undergraduate degree course at UEA at the time when they submit the scholarship application form for an eligible course.
- To receive the scholarship you must have selected UEA as your firm choice institution, not your insurance choice. The scholarship offer-holder must meet all remaining conditions for entry to the University. The scholarship is offered for a specified course; there is no guarantee that the scholarship will be transferred to an alternative course.
English Language Requirements: International applicants are required to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language if English is not their first language.
How to Apply: You can make your application via our Application Form.