The Bauhaus University Weimar is inviting applications for Forecast Engineering Scholarship which are provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Architecture and Urbanism, Civil Engineering, Art and Design and Media – with their faculties and fields of work, the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar has a unique profile. The University’s spectrum currently includes some 40-degree programs or programs, ranging from the liberal arts to design, visual communication, media design, science and computer science to architecture, civil engineering, building material science and environment and management. The term »Bauhaus« on behalf of our university stands for experimentation, openness, creativity, and internationality.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to MSc/PhD/Graduate students.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Forecast Engineering. The special character of this course is in the combination of basic disciplines of structural engineering with applied research projects in the areas of steel and reinforced concrete structures, earthquake engineering, geotechnics as well as informatics and linking them to mathematical methods and modern tools of visualization.
- Scholarship Award: There are three categories of financial support
- Waiving of the course fee
- Waiving of the course fee and free accommodation (18 August – 1 September 2018)
- Waiving of the course fee, free accommodation (18 August – 1 September 2018) and a part of costs for travel expenses can be refunded, if original tickets can be presented.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- M.Sc. / PhD / graduates in the fields of civil and structural engineering.
- Prerequisite for participation in addition to adequate English skills is the submission of a meaningful motivation letter and an abstract with respect to a current personal scientific activity which mediates the interest or the ability to edit the project themes.
English Language Requirements: Adequate English skills are required.
How to Apply: To apply, submit a letter of application for financial support (1), (2) or (3) – explaining why you should receive financial support (max. 500 words) – along with your other application documents by email by 1 May 2018.
In order to register, please complete our registration form.
Please submit the following documents by 1 May 2018 as a pdf file via email.
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae: max. two pages
- English language certificate: at least level B1 or comparable
- Letter of motivation: Why did you choose this course? – max. 500 words
- Abstract: with respect to current personal scientific activity – max. 1000 words.
Please note the following points:
- Only one pdf-file (max. 5 MB)
- Email with subject »Application Forecast Engineering«
- Name of pdf-file »Forecast_Engineering_family name_first name«
Only complete and correctly named applications will be considered!