The Umeå University is inviting applications for the postdoctoral position in Biochemistry within the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Umeå University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- Application Deadline: May 18, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of Biochemistry.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
A doctoral degree in biochemistry or molecular biology is required. The applicant should have practical experience in protein purification and different types of global methods for studying gene expression and interaction of proteins with chromatin, such as RNAseq and ChIP-seq. A documented experience from working with S.cerevisiae as model system is a requirement. Previous experience from working with transcription regulation and transcription factors is highly credible. The applicant must master English both verbally and in writing.
English Language Requirements: The applicant must master English both verbally and in writing.
How to Apply: The application must consist of the following documents written in English or Swedish:
- A short personal letter with justification for the application.
- Curriculum vitae
- Strengthened copies of diplomas and grades.
- Contact information for at least two reference persons.
Documents sent electronically must be in Word or PDF format.
The application must be made via our e-recruitment system and be received by 2018-05-18. Date of access as agreed.