The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology is delighted to announce overseas internship in ecologically oriented agriculture funded to Europe and Bolivia/Senegal. Students must be enrolled in a university or college in a German-speaking country (including foreign students). International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme. The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight between Europe and Bolivia/Senegal.
Field of Internship: Internship is provided in the field of ecologically-oriented agriculture. The internship offers students an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge in sustainable agriculture and land management in a developing country. By living and working in another sociocultural environment, students can also gain valuable intercultural experiences.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.)
Internship can be taken in Europe and Bolivia/Senegal
Eligibility: Students eligible to apply for the internship placement and travel stipend are those who:
- Are enrolled in a university or college in a German-speaking country (including foreign students);
- Have basic knowledge and/or experience in managing organized groups (for small-scale production, processing, and marketing of agricultural products);
- Have their own laptop or notebook that they can use during the internship;
- Have basic knowledge about (ecological) agriculture;
- Are interested and sensitive in working with smallholder farmers in different sociocultural contexts;
- Are dynamic, open and committed;
- Show high levels of self-reliance and self-organizing capacity
- Have a sufficient command of Spanish (Bolivia)/ French (Senegal) to be able to work in this language (interview will be made by Skype with Agrecol–Andes/Afrique);
- Are under 30 years of age.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? The Agrecol Association in Germany covers the travel costs for a round-trip flight between Europe and Bolivia/Senegal. Support is provided for up to three interns each year and consists of the following:
- Coverage of a round-trip Economy flight ticket between Europe and the country in which the host organization is operating
- Availability of at least one member of Agrecol Association as well as previous interns to provide advice and respond to questions before and during the internship
- Invitation of the student, after completion of the internship, to a weekend seminar of Agrecol Association in Germany or a neighboring country so that the student can present a photo report to the members about his/her experiences as an intern; Agrecol Association covers the student’s travel and accommodation costs for the weekend.
Internship Description: The Association for AgriCulture & Ecology (Agrecol e.V.) in Germany offers internship placements and travel stipends for students enrolled in universities and colleges in German-speaking countries. In the coming year (2018), the Association can arrange two internship placements in ecologically oriented agriculture with the partner organizations Agrecol-Andes (Bolivia) and Agrecol-Afrique (Senegal).
The number of awards offered: Support is provided for up to three interns each year.
Internship Duration: The internship should begin, if possible and in consultation with the partner organizations, between June and August 2018. It should last at least six months and can be extended to up to twelve months’ duration.
Notification: Notification about awarding of the internship placements and travel stipends will be made at the latest by end of February 2018.
How to Apply: The application, consisting of a convincing letter of motivation in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), concrete details about the desired period of internship and a curriculum vitae in German and Spanish (Bolivia) / French (Senegal), should be sent per Email as pdf attachments to: Email: info-at-agrecol.org and keesgoergen-at-aol.com.
Internship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is January 31, 2018.