Applications are invited for South Africa Global Banking & Markets Internship Program offered by Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML). Global Corporate Banking will assist Global Corporate Banking professionals in relationship management, origination and execution across a diverse set of product areas. This is an unpaid internship programme. Internship is available to South African students.
Field of Internship: South Africa Global Banking & Markets Internship Program.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML)
Internship can be taken in Johannesburg, South Africa
Eligibility: As an Off-cycle intern within Global Corporate Banking, you will:
• Assist Global Corporate Banking professionals in relationship management, origination and execution across a diverse set of product areas
• Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients, the industries in which they operate and how the bank helps support both their growth aspirations and day-to-day banking requirements
• Provide market-informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients’ specific needs
• Become proficient at credit analytics and the various metrics used to price and structure various debt instruments
• Gain familiarity with the legal and documentation aspects of various debt instruments as key step in debt execution
• Work on live transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience
• Help to generate ideas and cross selling opportunities for new and existing clients
• Assist in the development of client specific analysis (e.g. capital structure, acquisition finance)
• Work closely with Investment Banking teams on client coverage and origination
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is available to South African students.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Global Corporate Banking is part of the Global Corporate and Investment Banking Division (GCIB) at Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML). Our team is focused on managing the day-to-day relationship with our clients as well as providing strategic advice across a variety of financing and treasury solutions across the bank. Global Corporate Banking is organised on a geographic basis, serving a diverse range of clients and industries across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. Outside the US, our focus is on large global multinational corporate and financial institution clients. Within EMEA, we provide global solutions to the largest corporate and financial institution clients headquartered across the region, as well as subsidiaries of our large global multinational clients.
Number of awards offered: Please note the maximum number of applications per applicant is 6 – 3 U.S. & Canada, 1 EMEA, 2 APAC*.
Internship Duration: Numbers not given
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is June 30, 2018.