Looking for an insider’s perspective on Europe’s largest economy? Berlin offers booming tech firms, non-profits and multinational companies where you can expand your business portfolio.
The CIEE Global Summer Internship in Berlin offers a unique professional opportunity in a city of larger-than-life architecture, vibrant nightlife, and friendly, English-speaking locals.
Students participate in an online academic seminar taught alongside the full-time internship placement. The weekly seminar is designed to prepare students for leadership in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse workforce.
Field of Internship: Internship is available globally
Course Level: Academic Internship (Course number: INSH 3806 HYBR)
Programs offering the course: Summer Global Internship – All Locations
U.S. Semester Credits: 6
Contact Hours: 30 classroom seminar + 200-240 work / internship placement
Internship Provider: CIEE
Internship can be taken in the Berlin, Germany
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Overall GPA: Students need to have a GPA of at least 2.5. Rising sophomore standing and above required at time of participation. *Additional visa restrictions may apply and CIEE will advise students as part of the early application process.
- Program Requirements: Students participate in an academic seminar taught in an online learning environment alongside the 8-week, full-time internship. Participation in the integrated academic seminar is mandatory for all participants.
- Program Credit: Total credit for the program is 6 U.S. semester/9 quarter credits.
- Class Format: Students participate in an eight-week CIEE full-time internship (200-240 hours) and academic course taught in an online learning environment for the 6 semester/9 quarter credits.
- Grading: Students will be assessed via assignments and activities related to the academic seminar, including but not limited to: online discussion forums, small group peer coaching, reflective papers, individual or group presentations, analysis of readings, an informational interview and internship work plan, and feedback from internship supervisor. Internship supervisors and students each provide written evaluations of progress towards goals.
- Academic Culture: Students are expected to dress and behave professionally throughout their internship project and are subject to the agreed-upon internship protocols arranged by CIEE and the host organizations.
Internship Open for International Students:
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme. 6 semester hours / 9 quarter hours
As a global intern in Berlin, you’ll work in a non-paying position within a wide range of opportunities across a diverse set of innovative industries. Co-curricular excursions and cultural activities in and around Berlin complement your coursework and immerse you in the history and culture of the city.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Jun 17 – Aug 11, 2019 (8 weeks): This 8-week program includes a full-time internship and an integrated academic seminar.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to register through the link: https://my.ciee.org/login
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is March 15, 2019.