Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. with CIMA are pleased to offer the Social Media Analytics Internship Program for fall 2019 in Orlando, FL.
The program is open to all current senior or higher who obtaining (or recently graduated with) a degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Statistics, Business or other related fields.
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Social Media Analytics
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.
Location: Celebration, Florida, United States
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following required criteria:
- Fluent language abilities in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; Interest in math and/or statistics a plus
- Experience using Social Listening tools
- Experience in SAS Contextual Analysis, or other text analytics tools
- Current Senior or higher obtaining (or recently graduated with) a degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Statistics, Business or other related fields
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
What You Bring to the Role:
- Proven ability in Microsoft Excel, Word, Pages, and Keynote (Mac)
- Strong writing skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, put together insights and present a story
- Proven competency across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, Snapchat, and Pinterest
- Experience using Boolean Search Language
- Ability to develop expertise in complex keyword search expressions, linguistic operators and qualifiers, pattern detection, and regular expressions
- Familiarity with text analytics techniques such as topic modeling, content categorization, sentiment analysis, and entity extraction
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship?
This is a paid internship programme. Program benefits include:
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited numbers of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight, Social Media Analytics team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests within social media environments that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
Responsibilities: A Day in the Life:
- Analyzing social media data through social listening tools and manual tagging methods
- Utilize query building to discover, analyze, and synthesize social media conversation data around Disney Parks and Resorts brands into reports that effectively communicate social media insight to partners
- Maintain the internal database of catalogued reports and investigate trends
- Provide data mining and statistical analysis to address key business issues, make recommendations accordingly, and produce regular (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports for key recurring metrics
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Not given
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to create an account online.
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2019 through January 2020.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at the time of online application.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing. Applications are started from 22 Jan 2019.