Disney is pleased to announce the Freeform Media Relations/PR Internship (DATG) CA-Summer 2019. The program is open to undergraduate students who are in their Junior or Senior year or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
The Freeform Publicity intern will work in a team-oriented environment, supporting the Vice President’s office, reporting to the executive assistant, and working with other Publicity staff members.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Media Relations/PR Intern program
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Disney ABC Television Group, Walt Disney Company
Location: Burbank, California, United States
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- A knowledge and excitement for Freeform programming.
- Previous internship experience within publicity/media relations.
- Previous internship or job experience working within talent relations.
- Adept and savvy with social media management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Exceptional phone, email, and interpersonal etiquette. You have the ability to exercise a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
- Previous internship within a media/entertainment company.
- Has experience working with A-list talent
- Interested in pursuing a career in entertainment, primarily PR
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – or – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months – or – be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Work is not remote; it is in-office.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Burbank office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
The intern will support the overall office organization, which may include:
- Fielding phone calls, coordinating team meetings, etc.
- Monitoring press coverage.
- Assembling and distributing daily press breaks.
- Fielding media requests.
- Assisting the team with the planning and execution of press events and award shows.
- Drafting talent itineraries for press trips and events.
- Helping with booking talent travel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September.
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
Notification: Not given
How to Apply: To apply, you will need sign-up or log-in.
Internship Application Deadline: Ongoing. Internship applications are started from Jan. 30, 2019.