Google is inviting applications for Hiring Innovation I/O Ph.D. Summer Internship, available for Summer 2018. Interns must have mid- to advanced-level Ph.D. with the completion of 3 years of study, is post-comprehensive exams, but has not completed dissertation (i.e., has not graduated and will not be graduating prior to October 2018). This is a paid internship programme available for International students.
Field of Internship: This is a Hiring Innovation I/O Ph.D. Summer Internship available for Summer 2018. Google has two internships available: Scaled Assessment: Starting ASAP – 6 months and Research and Insights: Summer 2018 – 12 weeks.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken in USA (Mountain View or San Francisco)
- Mid- to advanced-level Ph.D. with completion of 3 years of study, is post-comprehensive exams, but has not completed dissertation (i.e., has not graduated and will not be graduating prior to October 2018); enrolled in a program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Social Psychology, Management or a related field.
- Experience within statistics (e.g., conducting correlations, regressions, factor analyses, t-tests, ANOVAs), designing, developing, implementing, and analyzing data from experiments.
- Experience researching or implementing changes to hiring processes in an organization or university.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Demonstrated skills related to internal or external consulting, client management, and project management
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, and especially to succinctly translate technical information for a non-technical audience
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, SPSS, and/or R
- Interest in employee selection and applying learning in an organization.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: At Google, one Googler can make a huge impact, and it’s no different with our interns–they are key players in our daily innovation. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects core to Google’s business, whether it be Sales, Enterprise, Finance, People Operations (HR), Legal, Trust and Safety, or Marketing. Our intern’s recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your CV and the preferences you indicate on the application form.
Our internship exposes you to the technology industry, as well as provides opportunities for personal and professional development. From being challenged to collaborating with a team, join our team to make an impact.
Note: duration and the start date of internship vary depending on the position.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: Summer 2018 (12 weeks or 6 months depending on the role).
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Interested candidates, please submit the following to HI-internship-at-google.com:
- A brief cover letter describing why you are interested in our internship and how your research, work, and extracurricular experience will help you fulfill the specific responsibilities listed below (PDF).
- A resume or CV including current research topics, statistical skills, experience analyzing data, relevant work experience, and recent publications/presentations (PDF).
- The following form, including questions about your knowledge and skills related to selection and assessment, statistics, and technical ability.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is February 28, 2018.