IDEXX is proud to offer the 2019 Winternship Intern Program in New York for students who are pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree.
They are looking for highly-motivated students interested in gaining hands-on experience in a corporate finance organization within a multi-national, growing public company (S&P 500).
You will gain hands-on experience by contributing to day to day activities and meaningful projects. These roles are compensated at a competitive hourly rate and interns will work 40-hours a week during business hours for about 10 weeks.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for solid coursework in finance, accounting, math or related disciplines.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: IDEXX, USA
Internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Students pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree (Dec 2019 or May 2020 expected graduation dates preferred)
- Solid coursework in finance, accounting, math or related disciplines
- A demonstrated pattern of high academic achievement
- Leadership experience in an academic, work or community setting
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starters with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- A curiosity to solve problems
- Ability to work in Westbrook, Maine without housing assistance
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Experience what it is like to work in a large, corporate finance organization by becoming integrated within a finance team. Based on your interests and skill set you would be assigned to a finance team.
Possible areas/projects include, but not limited to:
- Business finance & modeling: An ideal candidate would be working towards, or recently have completed a degree with a focus in, but not limited to disciplines such as: finance, economics or analytics. Exposure to highly sought after Corporate Finance skills such as reporting, analysis, and financial modeling will be offered.
- Business Development: –An intern will receive deep exposure to IDEXX’s core commercial strategies, mergers & acquisitions processes, and varied inorganic development projects throughout the course of the summer program.
- Audit: As an Audit Intern, we would like to provide you with an overview of the audit process and would like help with special projects related to credit card oversight for the company.
In addition to professional experiences, IDEXX interns can participate in a variety of additional activities, including:
- Weekly small-group meetings to discuss their internships with other students and mentors
- “Lunch and Learn” seminars on research topics with our leadership team
- Workshops on relevant issues such as career planning, professional topics, etc.
- Intern final presentations
- Social mixers and events
- Access to IDEXX’s state-of-the-art fitness facility, including various classes for a small flat fee
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Interns will work 40-hours a week during business hours for about 10 weeks. Start and end dates are flexible based on your academic schedule and business needs.
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to enter online.
- Upload your resume/CV (PDF and Word Document preferred.) Once uploaded the system will parse your resume and you’ll be able to make additional updates prior to submitting your application.
- Upload either DOC, DOCX, HTML, PDF, or TXT file types (1MB max).
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.