Applications are invited for Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School programme at The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School in Israel. Applicants are a student enrolled in an undergraduate science degree program in the Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science. BSc and BA degree holders are not eligible to apply. This is a paid internship programme. The internship is 8 weeks long.
Field of Internship: The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School accepts a select number of outstanding undergraduate students each summer to participate in research projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences .
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School
Internship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility: The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School is open to all qualified students regardless of religion, race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. Each year, the Feinberg Graduate School may accept a limited number of candidates to this program. Therefore, at times, FGS is forced to reject worthy candidates because the number of suitable applicants exceeds the number of positions available.
In order to participate in the Kupcinet-Getz International Science School program, it is required that you:
- are a student enrolled in an undergraduate science degree program in the Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science. BSc and BA degree holders are not eligible to apply.
- give evidence of a serious interest in scientific research. Previous experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- have a grade point average of 3.6/4.0 or the equivalent in the grades associated with your major subject.
- are fluent in English, as English is the language of instruction.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Interns will get the following benefits:
Participants receive a stipend of NIS 500 per week (up to NIS 4,000 in total).
All overseas students are provided with eight weeks of free rooming in the dormitories of the neighboring Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University. If you arrive before the beginning of the program, or stay beyond the end of the program, you are responsible for your own living arrangements. Special circumstances will be handled on an individual basis.
There are no application, registration, visa or tuition fees.
Travel arrangements and costs
Airfare or any other travel costs are not covered by the program. You are responsible for your own travel arrangements.
Upon arrival at the Institute, overseas students must purchase a medical insurance plan for the duration of their stay. Please note that any illness contracted before arrival in Israel is generally not covered by these types of insurance plans.
You are responsible for your own meals during your stay. There are cafeterias available on campus, and cooking facilities are available in the dormitories.
Internship Description: The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School accepts a select number of outstanding undergraduate students each summer to participate in research projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences . This is an enrichment program designed for undergraduate students from all over the world who are majoring in the sciences, and it is an opportunity to experience science by becoming part of a research group at the Weizmann Institute. Participation in the Kupcinet-Getz International Science School has had a significant impact on past participants of the program, reinforcing the students’ interest in conducting research in their future careers.
As a student in this program, you will be associated with a laboratory or a theoretical research project under the supervision of an experienced scientist and, for a short period of time, will become a full-fledged member of the scientific team.
Number of awards offered: Not known
Internship Duration: The internship is 8 weeks long.
Notification: Official results of the application review process will be announced on February 28, 2017.
How to Apply: To apply for the Kupcinet-Getz International Science School, you must complete an online application form. In addition, you are required to upload the following required documents:
- Copy of the title page of your passport.
- Your CV. If applicable, please include information about previous experience in research, and list any publications that you have authored. A passport-size photo, printed to the first page of your CV.
- Current official and authorized transcript, including grades. An English translation signed by your university registrar must be submitted if the original transcripts are issued in a language other than English.
- Letter of motivation, up to one page in length. Include a couple of brief paragraphs describing your interest in science and in the program, and why you believe you should be admitted.
- Reference letter(s). It is obligatory to have at least one letter of recommendation written by a scientist or lecturer. Letters from workplaces not related to your studies will be ignored.
The first four documents listed above should be combined into a single PDF file, and uploaded through the online application form.
You may send updated documents by email up until the admissions deadline.
Internship Application Deadline: Application deadline is December 24, 2016.