Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to offer Communications Intern – International Human Resources Projects for 6 months starting on February 10, 2018. Interns must have excellent (fluent or native-level) written communication skills in English or French, with an advanced level in the other language also preferred. Spanish or Arabic would also be an asset.
The purpose of the Communications Intern position is to support the Communications Officer in the implementation of communications plans for international HR initiatives.
Field of Internship: Communications Intern – International Human Resources Projects. The successful candidate will gain experience in many aspects of internal HR-focused communication for a large international non-governmental organization.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Internship can be taken in Geneva, Switzerland
Eligibility: Qualifications and work experience
- Able to provide an internship convention (please see below)
- A first experience in the field of communications or another relevant discipline
- Currently studying towards or having recently completed a university degree in communications, journalism, human resources or another relevant discipline
- Experience or knowledge of MSF or the international humanitarian sector is an asset
- Excellent (fluent or native-level) written communication skills in English or French, with an advanced level in the other language also preferred. Spanish or Arabic would also be an asset.
- Comfortable in the use of website content management systems for content maintenance
- Proficiency in desktop publishing tools (e.g. InDesign and Photoshop), video editing software, and presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Attentive to detail shows initiative and self-motivated
- Genuine interest in supporting the work of MSF and learning about internal communication for a global humanitarian organization.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations, and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information, and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of the internship is 6 months.
Notification: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply: Please submit all applications only by email to IO-recruitment.gva-at-geneva.msf.org stating “Intern Communications” in the file. Please submit only one file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is January 7, 2018.