CARE USA welcomes and encourages students who are interested in making a difference in the world to consider pursuing an internship. There are two internships available such as CARE USA Domestic Internships and Overseas Interns Program.
The internship program seeks to provide closely monitored, project-driven professional and practical experience for undergraduate and graduate students interested in contributing to substantive CARE projects and initiatives.
Interns are placed domestically either at CARE USA Headquarters in Atlanta or in US field offices.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Graduate students, Graduating students, and Undergraduates
Course Level: Internship
Location(s): U.S., Washington DC., New York City, and San Francisco Bay Area
Internship Provider: CARE USA (Sponsor)
Internship can be taken in U.S.
To qualify for an internship at CARE, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Interns who hold student visas must obtain appropriate work authorization from their educational institutions
- Be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate (Juniors & Seniors only), graduate or post-graduate academic program, or have graduated within the previous four months from the posting date
To qualify for an overseas internship at CARE, you must meet the following requirements:
- Financial support from an academic institution or other agency
- Legally authorized to work under the laws of the location of the internship
- Apply for and obtain your own appropriate visa
- Enrolled in a relevant graduate or post-graduate academic program, or have graduated within the previous six months
- Have comprehensive medical coverage including emergency evacuation insurance for the duration of the internship (intern must provide proof of insurance)
- Proficiency in the requisite language
Ideal candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in graduate program in a field relevant to CARE’s work
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in relevant field
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal/intercultural communication skills
- Proficient in a second language (French, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Open minded and able to function effectively in diverse, multicultural environment
- Top candidates will also possess a flexible, team-oriented work style
Internship Open for International Students: Yes
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
CARE USA Domestic Internships: Important networking opportunities are also provided through participation in orientations and trainings that will include information on CARE’s history, vision, and where individuals from within the organization will share more in-depth information on certain programs.
Internship applicants who receive funding support or academic credit should indicate on their applications the costs that they are able to cover. It is included in a database of paid fellowship, internship and service program opportunities offered by external organizations as a resource for all college and university students.
The Overseas Interns Program: The program provides students of global development, global health and other related fields with valuable opportunities to gain international work experience. The program seeks to assist in the development of high potential, future leaders in the field of international development and humanitarian assistance through short-term, practical learning experiences.
In addition to networking opportunities, fellows are also afforded participation in a series of professional development training offered through CARE’s online university, CARE Academy. The program focuses on approaches that provide optimal skill development and learning. Therefore, the fellowship program has adopted a management and leadership curricula that focuses on three learning strategies (1) On the job training assignments; (2) Coaching; and (3) formal training.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Summer < 1 year
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to submit your application through the given link: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?%20org=CAREUSA&cws=51&org=CAREUSA
Applications must include:
- A current resume or CV, with names and contact information of at least three references
- A cover letter that specifies the applicant’s particular programmatic and research interests
- To be considered for assignments that are writing intensive, applicants should submit a writing sample.
Internship Application Deadline: CARE USA hires interns periodically throughout the year:
- Fall Semester Interns – August and September
- Spring Semester Interns – November and December
- Summer Interns – April and May