The UNESCO-UNEVOC is inviting applications for Network and Research Intern and Knowledge Management and Development Intern to study in Germany. Interns need to have a valid health insurance covering your medical expenses, and be enrolled in University at least at graduate’s level.
The World TVET database aims to inform and advance the global debate on technical and vocational education and training (TVET). It consists of a set of country profiles, containing key descriptive information about the TVET system of a specific country.
The UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training acts as part of the United Nations mandate to promote peace, justice, equity, poverty alleviation, and greater social cohesion.
Field of Internship: The UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Bonn is currently looking for an Intern to assist the Knowledge Management team and to assist the UNEVOC Network team.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
Internship can be taken in Germany
- Enrolled in a graduate-level degree programme (minimum completion of bachelor degree or equivalent)
- Fluent in English – A good knowledge of other UN languages is considered a strong asset
- Open to experience working in a multicultural environment
- Committed to achieving UNESCO’s mandate
- Interested in the field of education and international relations – and curious to learn more about TVET
- Advanced stage of university studies (at Master’s level) in a relevant discipline, e.g. Education, Public Relations, Public Management, International Relations, International and Development Studies, Industrial and Labour Relations , Business Administration, IT and Communications, or Social Sciences etc.;
- Interest or experience in the management of institutional networks and databases, in the field of International Education, and TVET.
Required skills & experience
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in public relations;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Research experience;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is compulsory; knowledge of other UN languages would be an asset;
- Strong computer skills including the use of standard software office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet browsers;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Experience with developing online tools and services are an asset.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? No, UNESCO-UNEVOC does not provide remuneration for internships.
Internship Description: The UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre offers a range of employment opportunities. Posts at the Centre are filled by local and international staff. UNESCO-UNEVOC does not offer positions outside of the Centre in Bonn.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: To make the internship count for you and UNESCO-UNEVOC, the minimum duration for the internship is 3 months.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and motivation letter to: unevoc.hr(at)unesco.org.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is August 31, 2018.