UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency is delighted to offer PSP Global Operations Internship Global Operations (PSP) starting in January 25, 2019. Interns must possess a university-level degree in a relevant field, for example ICT, Business and Economics, International Relations, and Communications etc.
This is a paid internship programme. Intern will be eligible to receive a monthly transportation and food allowance. The internship is for six-eight months.
Field of Internship: This exciting internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience with UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships fundraising development activities in support of the refugee cause, as well as valuable experience working within the UN system.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
Internship can be taken in Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligibility: The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a university-level degree in a relevant field, for example ICT, Business and Economics, International Relations, and Communications etc.;
- Be a recent graduate (completed studies within one year) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization;
- Be fluent in English, with advanced writing and editing skills. Additional languages are desirable, but not essential.
- Have strong research and organizational skills. This includes a good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques;
- Have advanced experience using the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint). Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel is particularly important as this is the primary tool we use to process data;
- Have experience with web analytics tools and SharePoint;
- Have design and document formatting skills;
- Be tech-savvy and have a keen interest in budgeting, reports and fundraising;
- Show a genuine desire to learn and adapt;
- Possess strong inter-personal skills and be a keen team-player.
Internship Open for International Students: This internship is available for international students.
Is this paid internship? Yes, intern will be eligible to receive a monthly transportation and food allowance.
Internship Description: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an internship within the Global Operations team in our Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark. The Global Operations team sits within the Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) in the Department of External Relations (DER). This exciting internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience with UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships fundraising development activities in support of the refugee cause, as well as valuable experience working within the UN system.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: The internship is for six-eight months and the start date is 25 January 2019. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
Notification: Numbers not given
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (P11), and CV to DENCOCMUHR-at-UNHCR.ORG indicating PSP Global Operations Intern in the subject of the email. P11 forms are available at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is December 3, 2018.