The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is inviting applications for Internship with the Regional Programme for Afghanistan and Neighbouring Countries.
The objective of the internship is to assist in the planning and implementation of programme activities and to gain understanding main planning issues related to the Regional Programme activities and outcomes.
Field of Internship: Internship with the Regional Programme for Afghanistan and Neighbouring Countries.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Internship can be taken in Tehran, Iran
Eligibility: Qualifications of the Successful Individual Contractor:
- Undergraduate education in the field of social sciences, political science, international relations or economics;
- Studying in a higher education programme;
- Proficiency in English and Persian (especially writing) is required. Knowing Russian is an advantage; Proficiency in working with Microsoft office
- Knowledge in the field of Drug Demand Reduction is an advantage.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? In case of any travel to inside Iran, DSA and ticket cost will be separately provided by the UNODC Regional Programme.
If travel is required under the contract, the individual consultant shall: –
- Obtain the security clearance from UNDP office (the details of travel including date of departure and arrival, accommodation and purpose of travel shall be submitted to UNDP office 2 working days before date of travel).
- Undertake the training courses on Basic Security in the Field and Advanced Security in the Field (only applicable for certain destination; to be checked with UNDP) and provide UNDP with both certificates; the related CD ROMs are available at UNDP office.
- Undertake a full medical examination and obtain medical clearance from a physician.
Internship Description: The Regional Programme for Afghanistan and Neighbouring Countries (Regional Programme) is a core part of UNODC’s programme response in West and Central Asia. The Regional Programme complements ongoing assistance at country and global levels, adding a dedicated facility to support regional cooperation initiatives, with special significance given to confidence building measures and cooperation between Afghanistan and its West and Central Asian neighbours – namely Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Number of awards offered: Up to two internship positions are available.
Internship Duration: The duration of internship is 2 to 4 months, in the period of February to December 2018.
How to Apply: The following documents are requested:
a) Personal P11, indicating all past experience from of similar experiences, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references (Annex I);
b) Brief description of why you consider yourself as the most suitable for the assignment, Interested candidates are invited to send the above mentioned documents to fo.ira[email protected] making sure to mention their “Name” and “Vacancy for “RP Intern” in the subject line of their email.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is November 1, 2018.