United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is offering Online learning Internship for the duration of 6 months, starting September 2018. This is a paid internship available for international students.
UNSSC’s KCLM is seeking an intern to join the dynamic team that designs, develops, implements and evaluates leadership and management training programmes for UN middle and senior managers. These programmes often consist of both online and face-to-face components.
Field of Internship: Online Learning Internship programme.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)
Internship can be taken in Turin, Italy
Eligibility: Education: Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme.
- in instructional design, educational technology, adult education, communication, data visualization, media production, programme evaluation or other related areas from an accredited college or university.
Previous work experience is not required. Previous experience in Moodle or other LMS is an asset. Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable.
Fluency (written and oral) in English. Fluency in another UN official language is an asset.
Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with online learning and social media tools. Video editing experience is an asset.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Take initiatives and follow through a project independently.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes, Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450€. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.
Internship Description: The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, co-ordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: Internship is offered for the duration of 6 months, starting September 2018.
Notification: Candidates for the Internship Programme are selected on a competitive basis. Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be short-listed and interviewed. The candidates will be informed of the result of the selection process as soon as it is finalized.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- A portfolio of previous work achievements related to your major field would be highly desirable, though not required. (e.g. video production samples, media coverage of projects, papers etc)
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: recruitment-at-unssc.org or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is June 14, 2018.