Applications are invited for Walt Disney Imagineering Interior Design Internship for spring 2019. Interns must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program or must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months or currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
Internship is available for International students for the duration of 6 months.
Field of Internship: Internship is available in the field of Interior designing.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Walt Disney Imagineering
Internship can be taken in Orlando, Florida, United States
Eligibility: Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six month
- Working knowledge and classroom experience in the practice of interior design
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in problem solving
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit and digital illustration tools such as Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to interact professionally with people of all levels
- **MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE **
- Comfortable working with SketchUp
- Experience working with AutoCad
- Ability to perform free hand sketching
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree from an Interior Design Program
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is available for International students.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship programme.
Internship Description: Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
Internship Duration: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2019 through June 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) – Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer