Applications are invited for PhD4MD Fellowships, this is a training programme on research for medical doctors. EU citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The ultimate aim of the programme is to help discoveries made in fundamental research reach clinical practice. The long-term goal of the PhD4MD programme is to train the next generation of physician-scientists who will drive research and accomplish greater impact on patients through a research career informed by medical insight.
IRB Barcelona is a world-class research center devoted to understanding fundamental questions about human health and disease. It was founded in October 2005 by the Government of Catalonia and the University of Barcelona and is located at the Barcelona Science Park.
- Application Deadline: March 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in biomedicine right after their medical specialization.
- Scholarship Award: The successful candidates will benefit from the Training Programmes available at the different institutions, including:
- International scientific environment.
- Advanced research training (training through research, specific scientific and technology courses and a variety of seminars and conferences with international invited speakers).
- Career development activities.
- Cutting-edge core facilities.
- Student community activities.
- Competitive salary.
- Nationality: EU citizens
- Number of Scholarships: The current call offers 4 Ph.D. positions
- Scholarship can be taken in Barcelona, Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: EU citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If one or more of the eligibility criteria are not fulfilled, the proposal will be declared ineligible and will be withdrawn from any further consideration:
- Candidates must have obtained a Medical Degree and the Spanish FSE (MIR – Medical Internship or residency) or an officially accredited as equivalent obtained in any EU country between 01/01/2014 and the contract starting date, which should be before 31/10/2018.
Only MDs (MIR) are eligible. FIR, BIR candidates will not be considered. For calculating the aforementioned term, the following periods will be excluded:
- a) Maternity or paternity leave, according to the Social Security General Regime regulations. An extension of 1 year for each daughter/son will be applied.
- b) Illness or serious accident leading to medical leave: if such leave lasted more than 3 months.
- c) Care of dependents according to Law 39/2006, if such a care period lasted more than 3 months
- Candidates who have already been granted a similar Ph.D. contract (such as “Río Hortega” Contracts) are not eligible.
- Candidates should have previous research experience and a strong commitment to scientific research.
- Candidates must have a solid knowledge of English.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates must have a solid knowledge of English.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.