The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship honors excellence by supporting outstanding community college students with financial need to transfer to and complete their bachelor’s degrees at the nation’s top four-year colleges and universities.
The foundation provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
A great option to get a degree with financial support at the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation.
User Review( votes)
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is a private, independent foundation dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need. The Foundation supports exceptional students from elementary school to graduate school through scholarships, grants, direct service, and knowledge creation and dissemination.
Course Level: The studentships are available to complete bachelor’s degrees at the nation’s top four-year colleges and universities.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for studying all the subjects.
Award:The sponsorship will cover the undergraduate portion of dual degree programs.
The award can be taken in the USA
To be eligible for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, at a minimum, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Sophomore Status – Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2020, or a recent graduate (since spring 2015).
- Fall College Enrollment– Plan to enroll full-time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2020.
- GPA– Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.50 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Financial Need– Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new transfer scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $28,000.
- No previous enrollment or attendance at a four-year institution – Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this application
- If you started at a four-year institution but did not complete a semester of full-time study, then you may be eligible. Please contact us to verify your eligibility.
- Students who have already transferred to a four-year institution or plan to transfer to start during the spring 2020 semester are also not eligible for this application .
Nationality: Students of USA can apply for these transfer opportunities.
How to Apply: The Undergraduate Transfer application is an online form that must be completed by the applicant. It requires information on the applicant’s background, academics, and interests. Sections include:
- Basic Information– address, phone, email, gender, date of birth, and primary language spoken, as well as information about the applicant’s parents.
- Academics– cumulative GPA and grades for all undergraduate courses taken within the last 15 years (current and previous institutions), academic history, intended four-year institution and field of study.
- Honours– Dean’s list, honours program participation, and other honors or awards achieved while attending community college.
- Resume/CV– work experience and service involvement
- Activities– up to five additional activities in which you spend a significant time outside of class. These can include research/academic activities, paid work, sports, taking care of dependent children, or hobbies.
- Short Answers– questions about academic and personal experiences.
- Long Essay– a long-form response to a general topic and a narrative autobiography.
- Financial Form– income and benefits, current assets, and unusual financial circumstances from the past three years.
- Uploaded materials– required documents that must be uploaded to the online application include:
- Official Transcripts– all transcripts for all college coursework and institutions attended within the past 15 years
- TOEFL Score Reports– if applicable
- Resume/CV– the applicant’s resume
- Federal Tax Return for the past three years – complete tax forms, including W-2 form(s), schedules, and attachments for the applicant and his/her spouse (if applicable).
Application Deadline: The deadline for all application materials is November 20, 2019.