Under the programme entitled “Jasmine Jiangsu Tertiary Education Scholarship for Southeast Asia”, in 2018 Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (JPDE) plans to provide 87 scholarships to excellent students from Southeast Asia.
The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) is a regional intergovernmental organization established in 1965 among governments of Southeast Asian countries to promote regional cooperation in education, science and culture in the region.
Applicants should possess English or Chinese language proficiency.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate level and vocational tertiary level.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Full and partial scholarships are available.
- Number of Scholarships: Total 87 scholarships are available. 44 full scholarships & 43 partial scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Southeast Asian countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam) are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applicants for both the Scholarships should fulfil the following general requirements:
Nationals of a Southeast Asian
The country with non-Chinese citizenship.
Under 30 years of age.
Attained senior high school diploma with good academic performance. For applicants applying for Science degrees, they must have scored at least 80% in Mathematics.
Possess good health, based on the standards for visa application process.
Agree to obey relevant laws of the People’s Republic of China and meet the admission requirements of the host universities or colleges.
Must not be recipients of other scholarships offered by the Chinese government, local governments or other organisations simultaneously.
English Language Requirements: Possess English or Chinese language proficiency.
- Students choosing courses in Chinese need to provide HSK4 (or above) certificate.
- Online interview will be done to examine Chinese proficiency.
- Students who choose courses in English need to be able to communicate fluently in English
- Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
- Certified copies of the highest academic certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must have certified translations in Chinese or English.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese
- Scanned copy of your emergency contact details (can be a passport, license, or other official ID)
- Scanned copy of HSK certificate/ TOEFL/IELTS (if any)
- Other relevant documents.
How to Apply:
Applicants should print, sign the completed Application Form, certified attachments and send via email.