Applications are invited for The “Jean d’Alembert” program of IDEX Paris-Saclay for qualified foreign scientists to stay for long periods (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter. Scientists from all disciplines and all countries are eligible.
Through this program, the Paris-Saclay Excellence Initiative aims to enable highly qualified foreign scientists to spend long periods of time (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter.
User Review( votes)
The University of Paris-Saclay would like to promote access to its master’s (nationally-certified degree) programs to international students, taught in its member establishments, and to make it easier for highly-qualified foreign students to attend its University especially those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
The university of Paris-Saclay is developing a strategy of international university cooperation, based on the quality of education provided by its members and research teams, which boast the highest international standards
Course Level: Two different programs are proposed:
- The “young researcher ” scholarships, for candidates who have graduated as a doctor for less than ten years,
- The “confirmed researcher” scholarships.
In both cases, the 6-12 month visit may be divided into a maximum of two distinct periods of at least three months, separated by a maximum of 12 months between the end of the first period and the beginning of the second period.
Study Subject: award is awarded in all disciplines.
Award: The Awarded includes:
- A supplement of monthly salary of 2600 € net for the program “young researcher” and 3300 € net for the confirmed researchers,
- Accompanying costs, which may include operating costs necessary to carry out the project and, more generally, costs related to the temporary establishment of the fellow in the laboratory in France.
The beneficiary should be able to benefit, through the host laboratory, from assistance related to the search for housing, the schooling of children, the learning of the French language, etc.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in France
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Diploma of Doctor (PhD) or equivalent, obtained for less than 10 years at the time of application for the Young Researchers program.
- The candidate must have been recruited as a researcher, engineer or teacher-researcher at the institution of origin (Tenure track possible).
- Candidates who have resided in France for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible.
- French citizens may apply for the program, provided that their usual place of residence and work has been abroad for at least five years.
- The head of the host laboratory will recruit the chairholder. When applying, the host laboratory must ensure that the age limit for recruitment is not exceeded before the end of the contract.
Nationality: Scientists of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this application programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Diploma of Doctor (PhD) or equivalent, obtained for less than 10 years at the time of application for the Young Researchers program.
English language Requirements: Very few program are taught in English. They highly recommend that applicants for French degrees have attained level B1 in French as a minimum. However, no language certificate is required.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted no later than March 31, 2017, at midnight, via the online form (link “Register” below). An acknowledgement will be sent. Responses will be given approximately one month after the deadline for applications. In all cases, the contract must be signed before December 31, 2017, and the contract end date may not exceed December 31, 2020.
- A complete CV including a list of publications
- Letters of recommendation, preferably from outside the Paris-Saclay perimeter
- A research project and possibly a training program or seminars developed jointly with the host team
- A letter from the host laboratory specifying, in particular, the accompanying costs requested under the “Jean d’Alembert” program.
For the purposes of the selection stage, it is preferable to report the department (s) UPSaclay of the project.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted no later than midnight on March 31, 2017.