MI College of Contemporary Music is now offering applications for the Joe Bonamassa Blues Guitar Scholarship sponsored by the Keeping The Blues Alive Foundation.
The program encourages and supports the educational growth of a blues guitar student at MI. The award focuses on the development of future musicians and encourages the current musicians at MI.
A great option to get financial help for music study.
User Review( votes)
MI College of Contemporary Music is a musicians institute was founded in 1977. It offers a wide variety of music degrees and areas of concentration in the field of contemporary music.
Why choose MI College? At MI, they offer an advanced education that prepares graduates for creative and professional careers in the contemporary music industry. Students can earn a variety of degrees and certificates as well as real-world experience and guidance from working professionals.
Application Deadline: Fall 2019: November 7th, 2019 and Spring 2020: February 28th, 2020
- University: Musicians Institute (MI) College of Contemporary Music
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Associate, Bachelor, and Master degree
- Award: $5,000.00
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International and US Citizens
- The award can be taken in the United State
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Music and Master of Music in Performance
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled AA, B.M. or M.M. (Guitar) students only.
- Available to international students and U.S. citizens.
- May only be applied to the Associate of Arts, Bachelors of Music and Master of Music in Performance (Guitar) Program.
- Previous scholarship winners are not eligible.
- The awardee must maintain enrollment at 12 units (full-time status) during the full length of the award period. Failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in AA, B.M., or M.M. (Guitar) program for the full duration of the program may result in withdrawal of the award.
How to Apply
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application. As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- YouTube video URL: YouTube video of you performing three songs in the Blues genre on the electric and/or acoustic guitar.
- It is required that this include two live ensemble (band or duo) performances, and one unaccompanied solo performance.
- No play-along tracks will be accepted.
- Admission Requirements: Before you may submit a application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Language Requirement: You can normally meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements for entry to MI College.
Benefits: The MI College will provide an amount of $5,000 to winning candidates. The award will be awarded in the form of tuition credit only.