Kavli Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowships offers an annual salary of $70,000/year and research funds of $10,000 per year. The fellowship will support outstanding postdoctoral scientists to carry out their independent research, with a preference for areas that intersect the interests of Kavli IPMU and KIAA faculty
The Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe is an international research institute for physics and mathematics situated in Kashiwa, Japan, near Tokyo.
KIAA is located on the historic grounds of Peking University in China, has English as the working language, and regularly sponsors thematic workshops and conferences to provide a platform for national and international scientific exchanges.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of astrophysics.
- Scholarship Award: This new, independent prize fellowship is for four years, to be split between KIAA and Kavli IPMU, and offers an annual salary of $70,000/year and research funds of $10,000 per year. This fellowship program is funded partially by the Kavli Foundation.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Any nationality
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan and China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries:Fellowships are open to applicants of any nationality.
- Entrance Requirements:The Fellowship is open to all applicants who received their PhD since 1 January 2015, or who will graduate prior to their expected start date.
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants should send a cover letter, CV, publication list, and a 3-page research plan to their preferred host institute for their first two years, with a deadline of November 30. The KIAA submissions should be sent to liulily-at-pku.edu.cn, and the Kavli IPMU submissions should be uploaded at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/10116/apply. Applicants should also arrange for at least three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent to the same email address or uploaded at AcademicJobsOnline.org.