Applications are invited for Developing Countries Partnership Program on Scholarship or KNB Scholarship. This scholarship is available for the students of Developing Countries to pursue a masters degree at one of the 13 given prominent universities in Indonesia.
The Program Objectives are to contribute to the human resource development in the developing countries, promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries and to strengthen the relationship and cooperation among developing countries.
User Review( votes)
Since the Indonesian Government launched the KNB Scholarship in 2007 as the primary international program to contribute more in the human resources development in neighboring developing countries.
Applicants must possess a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply). They must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent.
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2019
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing a masters degree at one of 13 given prominent universities in Indonesia.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of Humanities, Engineering, Social Science, Education, and Sciences at one of 13 prominent universities in Indonesia (please be advised that the study program offered differs between university).
- Award: The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia.
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below: No Allowances Amount, Living Allowance IDR 2,550,000: Research Allowance IDR 400,000 or Books Allowance IDR 350,000
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- The duration of scholarship is directly linked to the duration of the academic program as indicated as: Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program Maximum 12 months, Master Program Maximum 24 months (4 semester), Bachelor Program Maximum 48 months (8 semester). The grant is paid for 12 calendar months each academic year during the normal period of study, except the first academic year of the normal period of study when The grant is paid for 4 months and the last academic year of the normal period of study when The grant is paid for 8 months. Please be advised that in case of early program completion, all scholarships payment will be stopped by the time the awardee set off for home (returning to home country).
- Please be advised that the program scheme will only sufficient to cover one person to living properly in most cities where the universities are located. * Note: Other expense items which do not stated above will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Students of Developing Countries
- The award can be taken in Indonesia
- Eligible Countries: Students of Developing Countries can apply for this KNB scholarship.List of Subjects: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Entrance Requirements:
- The maximum age to apply for the opportunity is 35 years old;
- Applicants must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply);
- Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent;
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form;
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent.
How to Apply: A. Required Documents:
1) Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
2) Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia)
3) 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
4) Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
5) Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
6) Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years;
7) Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
B. Application Procedures
1) Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website);
2) Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
3) Complete the online application process;
4) Selection process
5) Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network;
During the application process, please pay close attention to some important information below:
1. We strongly suggest you to collect as many information as possible on the universities and your desired study program. Please be advised that once you are admitted, changing either the universities or your study program is strictly prohibited.
2. The recommendation letter from Indonesian Embassy is a mandatory. The recommendation letter will be issued based on verification and necessary background and/or security checks conducted by the Indonesian Embassy. In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, you need to obtain the letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to your country.
3. All the required documents have to be written or officially translated in English.
4. The participants from English speaking country are not automatically excluded from the requirement to attach the written prove of their English proficiency.
5. The universities will be conducting a series of the selection methods including (if necessary) online interview with the potential candidates.