The new Konstfack’s Scholarships are available for Master’s Programmes to study in Sweden for the academic year 2018-2019. The programmes are led by Konstfack’s professors and have both fixed directions and optional courses that offer students an opportunity to specialize and create their own programme that reflects their unique interests.
The Swedish Institute also has a scholarship scheme aimed at tuition fee liable students applying for master studies in Sweden.
Konstfack is best in Sweden! We are not alone in thinking this. The international rankings company QS Top Universities agreed when it placed us at the top of its 2016 list of fine arts universities in Sweden. We are second best in the Nordic countries, number 11 in Europe and number 41 in the world. Hurrah!
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue following master degree programs:
The master’s programme in CRAFT! is a cooperation between the three subjects Ceramic & Glass, Textile, and Ädellab at Konstfack. The programme perceives the making of crafts as a relevant method for questioning the current state of things.
The Master’s programme in Design is intended to augment your capacity to work experimentally and reflectively and both formulate and approach problems in a critical and artistic way. The specializations Spatial Design and Individual Study Plan in Design offer you the opportunity to deepen and specialize in your field.
- Fine Art
An individualized Master’s programme in fine art with a focus on strong self-reflection as well as development and intensification of your artistic project.
- Visual Communication
A norm creative Master’s programme in visual communication with a focus on your own work in graphic design and/or illustration.
- Visual Culture and Learning – Visual Arts Education NoVA
This programme develops the conditions for conducting professional activities and further research studies in a critical, independent and creative way, and qualifies for educational leadership and development projects within the current field.
- Scholarship Award: The tuition fee scholarships are aimed at newly admitted students required to pay tuition fees. The selection is based on artistic grounds and the most qualified students can be offered a full or a partial tuition fee scholarship. Please note that tuition fee scholarships do not cover living expenses and that the scholarship decision taken once a year is intended for newly admitted students only.
- Nationality: Available to students outside of EU/EEA+Switzerland
- Number of Scholarships: Limited numbers of scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are aimed at applicants applying from outside of EU/EEA+Switzerland, who are required to pay tuition fees.
Master’s programmes are designed for students with a Bachelor’s degree, a professional degree with a minimum of 180 credits, or an equivalent foreign degree. Exceptions to these degree requirements may be made for students who have acquired education by other means.
English language requirements
A good command of spoken and written English is required. All teaching, tutoring, and examinations are in English. Swedish applicants are required to have upper-secondary school grades in English B or equivalent. International applicants who obtained degrees from educational institutions where the main language of instruction is not English must submit their TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge ESOL test results.
How to Apply: When applying to Konstfack you submit an online application to the Swedish central application website www.universityadmissions.se and upload/or send qualifications to support the entry requirements by post to University Admissions in Sweden, FE-20102, SE-839 87 Östersund, Sweden. Please read the specific documentation requirements at universityadmissions.se and note that they may differ depending on which country that your academic qualifications are issued from.
You will also need to upload portfolios/files electronically via Konstfack’s homepage. The applicant assignment (portfolios/files) are used in the selection of eligible applicants. Please note that the files for selection must be uploaded directly to Konstfack’s website according to instructions, they will not be processed otherwise.
What to do:
- Apply via universityadmissions.se. Follow the instructions there.
- Applicant assignments/portfolios must be submitted via www.konstfack.se. A complete description of each Master’s programme and its particular admission requirements and how the portfolios should be submitted can be found at every Master’s programmes page.
- Academic qualifications, proof of English proficiency, receipt of application fee or proof of fee exempt status, must reach University Admissions in Sweden.