The University of Auckland is currently accepting applications to commence postgraduate bachelors (honours) degree, postgraduate diploma or masters degree in New Zealand.
The scholarship is awarded to students, who have the excellent academic achievement and demonstrated leadership potential.
The University of Auckland is also the highest ranked university in New Zealand for its global reputation amongst both academics and employers.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: August 24, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for postgraduate bachelors (honours) degree, postgraduate diploma or masters degree.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships valued at Up to $24,100 pa comprising stipend and accommodation, plus an NZLI Leadership Development and Mentoring programme
- Nationality: The scholarship is available to New Zealand students only.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 20 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are available to New Zealand students only.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants for the scholarships must:
a) Have a good academic record; and
b) Be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Permanent
New Zealand residency; and
c) Demonstrate good citizenship; and
d) Show leadership potential; and
e) Have proven community commitment.
- After the closing date, all eligible applications will be forwarded to the New Zealand Leadership Institute where two Kupe Leadership Scholarship selection panels will consider a long, and then a short-list of candidates.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to undertake a personal interview in Auckland. Candidates who live out of Auckland may be interviewed online.
- Successful candidates will be offered a Kupe Leadership Scholarship conditional on their being accepted into their chosen postgraduate course for 2019.
- Successful and unsuccessful candidates will be notified at the same time.
How to Apply:
Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible to apply. Then click on the “Apply now” button and complete the online application form. We recommend you check the form early in case a reference or endorsement is required to support your application and to familiarise yourself with the form. All sections (including request sections) must be completed by the closing date, which is midnight on the specified date (unless stated otherwise). We recommend you do not have two different scholarship applications open within the same browser.
Outcomes are determined by a selection committee and are usually notified around six weeks after the closing date.