Lincoln University Doctoral Scholarships are available for New Zealand and international students. Scholarships are awarded for the purpose of supporting postgraduate study and research at Lincoln University.
Lincoln University is a New Zealand university that was formed in 1990 when Lincoln College, Canterbury was made independent of the University of Canterbury.
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Application deadline: October 1, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarships shall be determined by the Vice-Chancellor. The emolument shall be paid by fortnightly instalments in arrears, according to the tenure of the scholarship.
Note: The current value of the award is $21,000 per annum.
Number of Scholarships: The number of scholarships to be awarded in any year shall be determined by the Vice-Chancellor.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to New Zealand and international students.
- Scholarships will be open to applicants who have gained entrance into a Doctor of Philosophy at Lincoln University.
- If a candidate awarded a scholarship under 3(1) above does not become eligible to register for Doctor of Philosophy at Lincoln University by 1 March in the year following the award, then the award will lapse.
English Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The application form must include:
- A completed application form.
- A statement of your research topic, this should be approximately half to one page in length.
- A current Curriculum vitae.
- Two academic references as per the application form.
- A copy of Lincoln admission letter.
- Photocopies of all tertiary qualifications, the grading system and graduation certificates for each qualification gained other than those studied at Lincoln University.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via post.